Study Strategies is a credit, full year class with a primary focus on working toward meeting students' IEP goals and objectives. Another priority is transitioning for success after high school - preparing for the work force or attending college. Successful completion of all assigned activities is required to earn a satisfactory grade each quarter.
Quarterly activities will focus on (but not limited to):
self-advocacy, goal setting, time management, transition, reading and writing skills, note-taking strategies, test-preparation strategies, and test-taking strategies.
Google Classroom will be used for all assignments.
- Come prepared to complete Study Strategies activities and academic assignments.
- Stay focused on your task(s) so you can utilize all your time.
- Ask for help! I want to ensure you are doing the best that you can.
- Treat others with respect.
- Limit use of cell phone to listening to music with ear buds.
Flex Pass Guidelines:
- Juniors and seniors who have a minimum of 5 credits,not including Study Strategies, may be eligible for a flex pass to be used on block day. This will be determined on an individual basis between the case manager, parent, and student. Please note, the weekly minutes of service on the IEP must still be met.