MRS. MESMER'S CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS: There is an expectation that all HCSD students understand what it means to be RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, and READY. This is a part of the HCSD's PBIS Plan.
What is PBIS - Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
This is what the classroom culture looks like in our Spanish I class:
Be Respectful: Treat others the way that you want to be treated (The Golden Rule).
- Personal hygeine-it is expected that you wash your hands after using the rest room.
- Personal hygeine-It is expected that you throw away your tissues and use hand sanitizer.
- Personal hygeine-If you have a bloody nose or a cut that is bleeding, go immediately to the rest room. Use your arm to push open the doors.
- Personal hygeine-If for some reason you have bled onto a table or a chair, please let the teacher know so that the surface can be properly sanitzed.
Be Responsible: Arrive on time with all necessary school supplies; be positive-No excuses, blaming, or defensiveness towards me or your classmates.
Be Ready: To learn, to participate, to be inclusive of every person in the classroom, to clean up after yourself i.e. throw trash away, push in your chair.
How are these reinforced in the classroom?
- Verbal and/or Non-verbal Redirect to Model expected behavior.
- Teacher communicates concerns with Team about student behavior and talks about behaviors we want to see.
- Teacher communicates with parent/guardian about student behavior that teacher(s) want to see.