Daily Procedures and Expectations:
Bring the Following to Language Arts Class Each Day:
1. English Language Arts plastic folder with prongs and pocket
4. Current Novel
6. SSR Book
1. Come prepared for class
2. Raise your hand to speak
3. Keep your hands to yourself
4. Respect others
Written Responses: All written responses to questions should be answered using the RACES method unless different directions are specified by the teachers. This method is used and taught in most of the students' classes.
Restate the question
Answer the question
Explain how the evidence supports your answer
Summarize your response (including restating the question)
Greek/Latin Roots: These roots are introduced every Friday. There are approximately 30 roots; one is introduced each week. After ten roots are introduced, students will be quizzed on those roots.
Classroom Novel Studies: Throughout the year, we will read novels. Much of the information/work regarding the novel will be found in Google Classroom.
1. It is YOUR responsibility to make up any missed assignments, class notes, etc.
2. Weekly assignments are recorded in planners on Monday morning. It is important to bring your planner daily in case assignment due dates change, assignments are added, etc.
3. The week's assignments and corresponding due dates can be found on the board, Google Calendar, and Google Classroom.
4. Homework NOT completed at the beginning of class or on the due date will be late. Work turned in the day after the due date will earn half credit. If students do not turn the work on the day after it is due, he or she will be invited to complete the work during team support, study hall, or lunch.
5. Be aware that some assignments cannot be late.
6. Please know that students have the number of days he or she was absent to complete any missing work.