You are required and expected to do your daily homework practice EVERY DAY. It is imperative that you complete every homework assignment as they are designed to review prior material or preview material we will be working on the day it is due. It has a purpose – trust me :-)
You must do it THOROUGHLY and CORRECTLY! You will be provided the answers to your homework problems so that you can CHECK YOUR ANSWERS (AND CORRECT THEM) before you come to class. (Use the hardcopy answer keys as provided or go online)
- The goal is to check all your homework answers BEFORE you come to class and for you to make corrections as needed. The goal is NOT for you to simply copy the work provided online. I CAN tell when you do this. Be honest!
- If the online resources for the textbook don’t help, Google the topic and look for more help there, call a classmate, email Mrs. Malerick, go to the math lab (its open at 7:30 am M, T, Th and F and sometimes at 8:00 am on Wed)
- Try HOTMATH.COM they have step-by-step solutions to odd number homework problems. Hotmath.com
- At a minimum, copy down a few hints and make a note to ask about it in class.
- Answers only – is NOT the way to go! (Answers only = NO CREDIT)
If you are absent from class, you will need to be proactive about turning in missed work.
- Immediately upon arrival to class, go to the homework station and fill out an ABSENT HOMEWORK slip and take it with you as a reminder to complete the work. Check the side board or Home Access Center in SunGard for what to make up. The assignment will be marked as Missing “M” to indicate that it needs to be made up and has a score of zero until turned in. This is done to provide an additional reminder to you as to what needs to be made up. When you turn in the missing work, the grade will be adjusted.
- By school policy, you have one day for each day you were absent to complete and submit your absent homework (ex. – you are absent on Monday and return on Tuesday: You will turn in Monday’s homework and Tuesday’s homework when you come to class on block day)
- When you have the make-up work completed, staple the ABSENT HOMEWORK slip to the homework and turn it in to the Inbox.
If you do not have the homework on the day it is due (or it is incomplete), it is considered LATE/MISSING and will be marked in Home Access Center in SunGard with an “M” to indicate that it needs to be made up and has a score of zero until turned in - you have 2 days to turn in late work.
- Immediately upon arrival to class, go to the homework station and fill out a LATE HOMEWORK slip and take it with you as a reminder to complete the work.
- Turn in the completed homework in the Inbox the NEXT CLASS PERIOD with the LATE HOMEWORK slip stapled to it.
- If this is the second assignment you have missed in four consecutive class periods, you will earn a nice blue DETENTION SLIP. The detention slip will serve as a reminder of the date the detention must be served by. Note: Missed detention dates risk double detentions and/or referrals to the principals.
And YES…You also must still make up the missed work you earned the detention for. It is due the next class period along with any current work.
- If you have incomplete homework for which you didn’t receive full credit or have been asked to redo the assignment – do it by the next class period – don’t delay!
- Turn it in to the Inbox to gain credit or increase credit already received.
- You MUST always follow the Criteria For Credit! (box all answers, answer all parts, etc. etc. etc.)
- I reserve the right to reject homework and/or issue a detention that does not follow the Criteria for Credit!