Enhanced Cleaning Protocol
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
- Classrooms are being cleaned and disinfected throughout the day:
- When possible custodial staff will clean and disinfect student desks during break periods when classrooms are empty.
- Disinfectant spray, microfiber cloths, and paper towels are available in each classroom for teachers and students to sanitize classroom surfaces and high touch points at their discretion throughout the day.
- Microfiber cloths are being cleaned daily.
- Floors are being cleaned, swept, and mopped daily.
- Door knobs, handles, soap/sanitizer dispensers, whiteboards, computers and other high touch areas are being cleaned and sanitized daily.
Building Cleaning Protocols
- Lockers and Cubbies are being disinfected daily.
- All building restrooms are being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized daily. This includes restroom surfaces, toilets, faucets, door handles, and floors.
- The commons area in each building are being cleaned and sanitized after each lunch period. The floors are being scrubbed daily.
- Gymnasium floors are being scrubbed daily, high contact surfaces are disinfected.
- Locker room surfaces are being disinfected daily with electrostatic sprayers—all high contact surfaces, lockers, benches, sinks, and toilets are sanitized daily.
- Media center tables and chairs are being wiped down daily with Peroxy and sanitized with the electrostatic sprayer each night.
- Hallway floors are being scrubbed daily and all entrances will be disinfected.
Hygiene and Sanitization
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided in every classroom.
- New hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout every building to ensure students and staff have easy and quick access to hand sanitizer.
- Handwashing is scheduled throughout the day for students and staff.
- Additional handwashing stations have been strategically placed throughout buildings that have limited sink access (i.e. do not have restrooms on every floor or wing, or in individual classrooms).
- Staff and students may bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Staff and students may only bring non-clorox, allergy-free wipes to clean individual personal spaces.
HVAC - Ventilation
District Maintenance staff are taking the following steps to enhance the airflow throughout the buildings:
- HVAC settings have been optimized to ensure the system is pulling as much fresh air into the buildings as possible.
- Staff members are being encouraged to open windows and doors, if safe to do so.
- Ventilation system settings have been optimized when fresh air is not possible.
- Classrooms are allowed the use of portable HEPA filtration units.
- District maintenance staff are implementing daily procedures to verify systems are operating at their maximum capacity.
- Higher Merv standard filters are being used where possible.
- HVAC systems are started earlier each morning and operate longer after school to maximize the amount of air purged from the building.
- Outside air dampers are adjusted to bring additional outside air into each building.
- District maintenance staff are working closely with CCG, the district controls specialist, to implement new strategies to optimize building air exchange.