Option 1: 1 semester, ½ HS credit Option 2: 1 semester ½ HS credit, and CCP course for Hiram College (3 college credits – Grades 11-12) Prerequisite: Accounting Principles- may be waived with department approval
Entrepreneurship is designed to help students understand the entrepreneurial process, from conception to the birth of a new venture. Attributes of successful entrepreneur’s will be explored, and concepts related to marketing, finance, management, business risk, and operations will be studied in depth to provide students with foundational principals needed to establish viable business models. Students will develop a business plan, network with professionals, and have the ability to utilize resources in the school’s Maker space to develop marketing materials, and prototypes of products. Students with strong business plans will have the opportunity to participate in various entrepreneurial competitions in conjunction with the Business Club.
Topics Explored Will Intclude the Following:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Social entrepreneurship/importance of corporate responsibility
- Building a strategic succession plan
- Building a personal and professional brand/presence online and in person
- Business entities and the filing process
- Components of a business plan
- Funding- Debt, and Equity
- What is needed in order to apply for a small business loan (bank statements, P&L report, balance sheet, business plan, financial projections, collateral documents, PFS, etc.)
Additional Support: I am available to provide extra guidance and support to students whenever needed. Students may arrange to meet with me before or after school, or during other periods throughout the day when possible.