Quarantine Procedures for Students in Grades K-5
We appreciate your cooperation in following the Summit County Public Health guidance to quarantine your child in order to help keep the community safe. We know it is difficult to be home from school, especially when your child may not feel sick.
The Hudson City Schools has been working diligently to keep students connected to their everyday classroom instruction and their school routines. If you have questions, please contact your student’s teacher, school counselor, or the building principal.
- Please call the attendance line (330-653-1300) and let them know your student is required to be quarantined. Please provide the start date of the quarantine. If you know the end date of the quarantine, please convey that information when you make the call.
- Once you make your initial absence call, you will NOT need to call the attendance office daily unless your child develops symptoms. The initial quarantine information will be used to code the absences and alert the teachers to look for your student in the Zoom Check-In.
- Students who are ill should take care of themselves first and foremost. Parents should report their child’s absence if they become ill during quarantine (typical procedures). Students missing the Zoom check-in will be marked “sick” and counted absent.
Accessing Classwork via Google Classroom
- Students will log into Google Classroom to access their mini-lessons and assignments. All assignments will be turned in via Google Classroom.
- Teachers will be checking in with students 1-2 times per week to touch base.
Mental Wellness Supports
- Please contact your student’s counselor if you have questions or concerns about your child’s mental wellness so they can connect you to support or resources.
- Students will still have access to any lessons or information from the School Counselor within their Google Classroom.