The Six District Compact program is an extension of Hudson High School. There are 30 different College Tech Prep Initiatives offered through the six different high schools that make up the Six District Compact. These initiatives are designed to prepare students to enter college at a higher readiness level and provide students with specific skill sets needed in technical, high demand career fields. Students can earn college credit for coursework completed in high school in any of the College Tech Prep Initiatives.PROGRAMS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SIX DISTRICT COMPACTHudson High School:
Stow-Munroe Falls High School:
- Auto Technologies
- Auto Specialization
- Modern Communication through Media Production
Cuyahoga Falls High School:
- International Business/Marketing Institute
- Culinary Arts and Catering
- Aeronautics Careers Academy
- Programming and Software Development
- Engineering Academy
Tallmadge High School:
- The Academy of Medical Office & Busienss Mgmt.
- Criminal Justice
- Collision Repair and Automotive Refinishing
- Interactive Marketing and Design
- IT Academy with CISCO Cyber Security
Kent Roosevelt High School:
- Early Childhood Professions
- Theater Arts Career Academy
Woodridge High School:
- Forestry and Landscape Management
- Construction Technologies
- Teaching Professions
- Engineering Academy
- Athletic Health Care and Fitness
- Health Careers Technologies
- Computer-Aided Design and Engineering Technologies
- Electronics, Robotics and Programming
- Marketing Management
- Business and Sports Management
- Biotechnology Academy
- EntrepreNEW Academy
STEPS TO APPLY
- All sophomores will attend an assembly hosted by Student Ambassadors from each of the 25 College Tech Prep Initiatives. The assembly will be held in January on a Wednesday Morning. Please listen to announcements for the exact date. The assembly will be held from 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Student Ambassadors will speak with students individually about their experiences and share their insights. All students will receive a Compact Career Catalog.
- Interested students can pick up a permission slip to visit programs. Field trips to visit all 25 programs will occur during the month of February. There will also be opportunities in the evenings for parents to visit as well.
- Following the field trips, applications to all programs will be available online and must be submitted online. Visit www.sixdistrict.com to view and submit an application. The deadline for applications will be the Friday before spring break.Students will receive notification of acceptance in April.
- Students and parents will be invited to a Meet the Teacher Reception in late April and May.
- All accepted students and parents will be scheduled for a conference with their school counselor to create individual schedules in late May.
INFO TO KNOW
- All 25 of the Compact's College Tech Prep Initiatives offer some form of college credit.
- All College Tech Prep offerings are free, although some require students to purchase special tools or uniforms that they will keep and use in their future career.
- Free bus transportation is provided.
- Students will spend the morning or afternoon in their College Tech Prep program and spend the other half-day at Hudson High School taking academic classes.
- Students will receive their high school diploma from Hudson High School. They also have the opportunity to earn a Career Passport from their College Tech Prep program.
- Students can participate in all extra curricular activities at Hudson High School.