Welcome 5th graders to the 2019-2020 school year, where
East Woods School "Steps it up" to explore more of our diverse and ever-changing
world with you! I am looking forward to an enjoyable
and successful year working productively with you and
our excellent team!Kristin Grant, Mary Gladstone, and Sharon Nivert~ Halloween 2017
Posted by: Mary Allen-Gladstone on 2/28/2020 at 3:30 PM
Reading and Writing:
- Continued Fantasy Book Clubs
- Mini-Lessons: Reading: Various Elements of Fantasy
- Reviewed the difference between Tone & Mood
- Introduced: What is a Book Trailer?
- Identified components within a Book Trailer
- Planning out a book trailer for a book of choice
- Read Aloud: Started The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
- Where am I in the 40 Book Challenge?
- Persuasive/Argumentative Writing: Is Chocolate Milk Harmful or Helpful?
- Writing an Introduction with a Thesis and 3 reasons
- Supporting 3 reasons with evidence
- How to cite evidence using quotations
- Introduced Zeus Vocabulary Packet
- Completed February Number Corner
- Began Unit 5: Module 1: Multiplying Whole numbers by Fractions
- "Who Dunnit?" Multiplying Whole numbers by Fractions Game
- Unit 5 Concept Quest: Adventures and Excursions
- Introduced Sound Energy Investigations
- What is Sound?
- How does sound travel?
- Does sound travel differently through different mediums?
You can find missing math pages and homework on Google Classroom. If you forgot your homework, go to your Math Google Classroom:)