(Dolch Words, Dr. Fry's Instant Words, High Frequency Words)
Fun Websites to Practice Sight Words
- Sight Words are important words for children to learn to read quickly.
- Sight Words are words encountered most often during reading.
- When sight words are recognized quickly...reading is more enjoyable
- Knowing sight words will also help a reader to be a more fluent reader.
- Sight Word Phrases will help a child's fluency.Writing
- Sight Words are words children need to learn to spell. Sight words are, most often, words that can not be sounded out.
- The Rebecca Sitton spelling program has many sight words as part of the Core Words in each unit.
- Children need to be able to spell sight words using their visual skills as sight words are a big part of everyday writing activities.
Students in Grade 2 often participate in Reader's Theater. Reader's Theater is a fun and effective way to build fluency and confidence. During Readers Theater, students read passages fluently with changes in tone, voice, timing and expression to demonstrate meaningful comprehension. Throughout the year photos will be in the photo galleries of our Reader's Theater performances!