What is it?
It’s a “one-hour” introduction to computer science designed to demystify “code” and show that anyone can learn the basics to be a maker, creator, an innovator.
- Learning computer science challenges us to think differently and problem solve in new ways.
- New programming jobs are growing three times faster than the number of students entering the field.
- More than 50 percent of all math and science jobs are for computer scientists.
- Computer science jobs are the highest-paying jobs for new graduates.
- Click on one of the tutorial images below and follow each step, choosing the “No Video: Show Notes” tabs if you have issues playing the videos.
- You may do any of the tutorials below. There are a lot of new options this year with the iPads. You may do any of the tutorials below but you also have access to free design from individual apps on your iPad, including Tynker, Scratch, and Swift Playgrounds.
iPad Apps for Coding
Tynker Scratch Swift Playgrounds
Hour of Code Tutorials via Chrome or Safari
AI for Oceans
Build Your Own Flappy Game
Code Your Hero
We’re psyched to announce that six new songs have been added to our popular Dance Party activity!
Harry Styles - “Watermelon Sugar”
Dua Lipa - “Levitating”
Olivia Rodrigo - “good 4 u”
The Kid Laroi - “Stay”
Glass Animals - “Heat Wave”
Masked Wolf - “Astronaut in the Ocean”
Minecraft Voyage Aquatic
An Unusual Discovery
Design Your Own Typeface
Disney's Moana: Wayfinding with Code
Disney Infinity Play Lab
Minecraft Hour of Code: The Adventurer
Animate Your Name with Scratch
Star Wars: Building a Galaxy with Code
Code with Anna and Elsa from Frozen