Hudson City Schools Closing Information
Hudson City Schools uses a variety of resources to notify parents of school closings, most commonly due to severe weather. In addition to Blackboard Connect calls, the district’s website and E-alerts, Facebook and Twitter, closing notifications are announced on TV, radio and posted on many storm alert and school closing websites.
Important things to note about school cancellations:
· The Blackboard Connect system will dial every number in the system within a 10-minute period, regardless of recipient location or time zone. (i.e. parents who travel for business).
· If a 2-hour delay is called, it is important to have alternative plans in place for childcare as needed. In addition, it is also important to plan for the entire day to be cancelled. During a 2-hour delay, it may be decided that weather conditions or other conditions have not improved enough to hold school for the remainder of the day. Parents will need to monitor information coming from the district during the 2-hour delay, including Alert Now calls and e-subscribes to adjust plans accordingly.
· The Hudson High School schedule varies by day during a 2-hour delay. Please familiarize yourself with the 2-hour delay schedules posted on the Hudson High School website under the “About Us” channel, “Delayed Start/Snow Days” section.
· PreK-8th grade information about a 2-hour delay is also posted on the individual building websites under the “About Us” channel, “Delayed Start/Snow Days” section.
· Should severe weather arrive in our area close to dismissal times for our schools, we will hold students in our buildings until we know it is safe to release them to ride the bus or walk home. Delays in dismissal times will cause the buses to run late in dropping off students after school. We will keep you informed through an Alert Now call about any lengthy delays.
· Typically, Explorer Zone, the before and after school childcare program, is cancelled if school is cancelled. If the district is on a 2-hour delay, there is no Explorer Zone in the morning.
About the 2-hour delay option: the school day starts 2 hours later than normal but ends at the regular time. Bus pick up times are adjusted accordingly. (Example: If your child is normally picked up at 7:20 a.m. for a school start of 8:00 a.m., the bus will arrive at 9:20 a.m. and school will start at 10:00 a.m.)
· Elementary students, Full Day K-3, will be served a no-choice lunch due to limited preparation and delivery times. Typical lunches will be served at East Woods, the Middle School and High School.
· There will be no school for Evamere AM Kindergarten and Ellsworth AM Preschool.
· Explorer Zone, HCER before school childcare, will not be held on a 2-hour delay start day.
· The Hudson Middle School will follow its eight period per day schedule, with no block periods or FOCUS periods.
· Please check the High School website for schedule details.
Check the District on Twitter @ hudsonohschools, Facebook at Hudson City Schools, Ohio, or the Main page of the website at www.hudson.k12.oh.us. The District uses many additional resources to announce cancellations such as TV: HCTV Channel 17, News Networks 3,5,8,19,43, WVIZ, PBS, Weatherplus – Time Warner Digital, and WOW & Comcast 208; Websites: hudsonhubtimes.com, wkyc.com, wtam.com, wmvx.com, wgar.com, kisscleveland.com, wmms.com, 640whlo.com,wkdd.com. fox8.com and 1350radiofreeohio.com; Radio Stations: News radio – WTAM, WMVX-Mix, WMJI – Magic, WGAR – My Country, WAKS-Kiss, WMMS, WHLO, WKDD, Radio Free Ohio, WCPN-Ideastream, WCRF, WCLV, WHBC – Mix, WNIR FM, WAKR – AM, WONE FM and WQMX FM.