Earth ScienceRocks, Minerals and Soil
This topic focuses on the study of rocks, minerals and soil, which make up the lithosphere. Classifying and identifying different types of rocks, minerals and soil can decode the past environment in which they formed.
- Minerals have specific, quantifiable properties.
- Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks have unique characteristics that can be used for identification and/or classification.
- Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks form in different ways.
- Soil is unconsolidated material that contains nutrient matter and weathered rock.
- Rocks, mineral and soils have common and practical uses.