Phone: 330-653-1416 x4245
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Language Arts Education (Ohio Northern University '05) M.Ed. Educational Leadership (Florida Gulf Coast University '14)
Mrs. Jennifer Chiwaki
As a 2001 graduate of Hudson High School, I could not be more thrilled to be back at HHS! Once an Explorer, always an Explorer!
After earning my B.A. in Language Arts Education from Ohio Northern University (Go Polar Bears!), I taught briefly in Ohio before moving to Naples, Florida. While living in Naples, I taught high school English for ten years and earned my M.Ed. in Educational Leadership from Florida Gulf Coast University (Dunk City!). There, I met my husband, and he moved with me back home to Ohio in June 2015. Our son, Parker James, was born in December 2015, and he is the greatest joy of our lives.
For me, teaching is not a job, and "teacher" is not a title. Being an educator is an all-encompassing approach to life that consists of a passion for
• sharing knowledge to expand minds,
• collaborating with all stakeholders to maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and creativity,
• connecting with students on a personal level to provide multi-faceted support,
• challenging students to think critically and to work toward their fullest potentials,
• and inspiring students to become lifelong learners.
In my spare time, I enjoy dance fitness, playing the piano, hiking in CVNP, watching Jeopardy!, exploring new technology for the classroom, and studying meteorology.