Welcome to 7th Grade Mathematics and Science with Mrs. Bambauer . . . Team Voyagers!Hello Parents and Students! This begins yet another year of our education journey and I am excited to spend mine with each of you!My goal by the end of the year is for you to have a fun, challenging and exciting Math and Science experience. I share my love for learning by planning lessons that allow students to practice inquiry and exploratory learning in my classroom! My lesson plans include primarily student centered learning that allow students to work in groups and take ownership of their learning. When you walk by my classroom on any given day you may see students doing the following:
- Working in groups on a hands-on science lab
- Solving rigorous math problems in teams
- Participating in differentiated lessons to help all learners succeed
- Practicing time management and organizational skills
- Showing what they know through a variety of assessments
Our Mathematics Curriculum is CPM, College Preparatory Math. CPM teaching strategies focus on how students best learn and retain mathematics. Teaching strategies rely on the recommendations of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and are based solidly on the methodological research in teaching mathematics. The research-based principles that guide the course are:
- Students should engage in problem-based lessons structured around a core idea.
- Guided by a knowledgeable teacher, students should interact in groups to foster mathematical discourse.
- Practice with concepts and procedures should be spaced over time; that is, mastery comes over time.
Our Science Curriculum is SEPUP, Science Education for the Public Understanding Program. SEPUP creates innovative science curriculum for use in 6-12 education. Issue-oriented science forms the core of SEPUP's curriculum materials. Every unit uses personal and societal issues to provide thematic continuity for student investigations and observations. The topics we will cover in 7th Grade Science are:
- Energy Transfer
- Earth in Space
- Weather and Atmosphere
- Earth's Water
I promise to do whatever it takes to help you become successful in math and science. With a positive attitude, all you have to do is ask for help and be willing to learn new things!
I am positive we will have a wonderful year together!
- Mrs. Bambauer