Students and staff are required to wear face coverings. The Director of the Ohio Department of Health issued an order on August 14, 2020, requiring the use of facial covering in child education settings in grades K-12 with some exemptions.
Each staff member will receive a face shield to be worn when providing instruction at a 6’ physical distance from students or during certain student interactions such as when teaching phonics or speech. Face shields do not replace masks as facial coverings.
Masks on buses, in hallways, but not while seated in classrooms.
Masks on buses and while inside the building. Classroom mask breaks when practical, while eating, and when outside with 6' social distance.
Masks on buses and while inside the building. Mask breaks while eating and outside while practicing 6' social distance.
Wear Your Mask Correctly (CDC)
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask.
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
- CDC does not recommend the use of masks or cloth masks for source control if they have an exhalation valve or vent.
Face Covering Appeal
- Medical exemption for face coverings needs to be obtained from a health care provider and submitted to school clinic staff (students) or HR (staff).
- Face shields and other measures to be approved through the appeal process.
- District to work with health care professionals and Summit County Public Health Department.