Welcome to the Gerald M. Reeves Media CenterThe library media center serves as a popular hub for learning, enrichment, and student collaboration at Hudson High School. Newly renovated in 2018, the Gerald M. Reeves Media Center features comfortable seating, study areas, a sizeable collection of library books, collaboration stations, computer stations, a classroom, a conference room, a multimedia lab, and a Makerspace.
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we are implementing the following protocols this year:
- Please use hand sanitizers at the main door when entering and exiting the media center.
- Please observe one-way traffic at the main doors.
- One student per table.
- Please scan the QR code at your table to sign in.
- Maximum capacity = 50 students.
- Extra sanitation will occur throughout the day of tables, computers, and copy machines.
- Library books will be pulled by the media specialist upon student request.
- Books will be quarantined for 72 hours after being returned.
State Recognized “Library of Distinction” in 2009
The media center is located on the second floor directly above the office and guidance areas with its entrance across from the courtyard. Students have access to the library from 7:30 to 3:15 each day.
The library program provides classes for students in essential 21st century skills of inquiry, ethical behavior, technology, information literacy and media literacy as well as reading for enjoyment. Classes are designed and scheduled with teachers to support their units of study.
Students have access to the online catalog, INFOhio databases and purchased databases 24/7 through the library website. Passwords to databases are given to all students. Students may use digital tablets and smartphones, work on computers, watch news and educational television, create videos, podcasts, and other multimedia products, work in groups to study or develop projects, or enjoy a good book while in the library.
Materials may be checked out for 2 weeks and renewed for another 2 weeks.