Hudson Halloween K-4th Grade Pumpkin Patch The Hudson PTO is excited to announce their 4th Annual Kindergarten-4th Grade Pumpkin Patch again this year (socially distanced of course). Registration opens Tuesday September 28th and runs through Friday, October 7th. Place your order for a 12-15 lb carving pumpkin for $10 each on the PTO website www.hudsonpto.org. Pumpkins may be picked up Friday, October 22nd, between 4:00-7:00 at the EastWoods Commons door. Take your pumpkin home to carve and return to the Green at First and Main Sunday, October 24, between 12:00pm and 4:00 PM.There is a sign-up genius on the PTO website for pumpkin returns to ensure social distancing. Additionally, masks must be worn for both pick-up and drop off. All pumpkins will be lit up for Halloween. We hope you will join us in attempting to bring some normalcy to our kids for the Halloween holiday. Click on the flyer for all the details - Pumpkin Patch Flyer
Hudson PTO is having Penny Wars for our fundraiser during the week of September 27th-October 1st. Classrooms will be competing against each other to see which team collects the most money. Each class will have a container located in grade wings. Students may put pennies or dollars, online donations or checks made payable to Hudson PTO in their class container. Here is the catch—students may bring in silver coins to put into other classroom’s containers. Any silver coins in a container will take away from that classroom’s total, therefore making it a game! At the end of the week, the Class with the highest point total will win the East Woods Cup: you will get a special surprise from Mrs. Wininger! In addition, the top 3rd, 4th and 5th grade classes with the most points will win a prize and each class that brings in at least $200 over the course of the week gets a little treat! Get ready for the Penny Wars, starting Monday! Thanks for your support!
Good Afternoon, 5th Grade Families,
I wanted to send out some information specific to 5th grade. We are thrilled to offer three music choices to 5th grade students for the 2021-2022 school year. Students may select band, orchestra, or general music. I wanted to send out a reminder that tomorrow, Friday, September 10th, is the last day for your child to select one of the following music choices for 5th grade - band, orchestra, or general music. If you have not done so yet, please click on this link to make your child’s section.
Our first session of swimming for 5th grade will be starting next week! I wanted to pass along some important information regarding this.
Swim Program Details
- Class each week will include a short video and time in the water learning and practicing swim skills. Students' swim levels will be assessed during the first week of class by certified swim instructors. Students will be placed in small groups based on their skill level.
- Swimming skills ranging from beginner to advanced levels will be taught throughout the courses.
- During every class there will be a certified lifeguard on deck, 1-2 certified swim instructors, physical education teachers and 1-2 VIP volunteers. Staff will be instructed to assist with social distancing while students are on the pool deck and in the water.
COVID Safety Protocols
- Students will enter the pool while wearing masks and change into their suits in the locker rooms while wearing masks.
- Students will be spaced on the bleachers and will be wearing their masks while watching safety videos. Students will then remove and place their masks in their labeled mask containers and enter the pool in small groups for in-water instruction.
- Students will be placed in small groups based on their skill level throughout the pool. Students will remain socially distanced while receiving their skill lesson.
- Upon the completion of the class, students will leave the water and walk to the location of their towel and mask containers and place their masks back on. Student towels and masks will be spread out throughout the pool area to ensure distancing while students exit the pool. Students will be released from the pool at separate times so not all students are getting out of the pool at once. Students will go back into the locker rooms while masked and change and go back to their classrooms.
Items needed for swimming
- Labeled sealed container to put mask in
- Swim Suit
- Swimming bag - a small string back seems to work best
- Extra T-shirt if student wants to wear a t-shirt to swim in
- Swim Cap are recommended for students with longer hair
- Goggles are optional
If you have any questions about swimming please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Porter, Mr. McConnell, Mr. Martin, and Mr. Zinn.
Thank you for your continued support! We are off to a great school year!
Natalie Wininger, Principal
Maureen Schreiner, Assistant Principal
Steve Marlow, Assistant Principal
August 30, 2021
Dear EWIS Families,
We had an amazing first 3 days of school here at EWIS! The students are starting to get into the routine and are finding their way around the school! I want to thank you for your continued support! Here are a few important messages/reminders to share with you.
COVID Notifications: Just a reminder that an email will be sent to all parents or guardians if there is a positive COVID case in your child’s class or school sponsored extracurricular activity. Parents can visit the COVID-19 Dashboard on the district website at https://www.hudson.k12.oh.us/
domain/2062or you can go to www.hudson.k12.oh.us>COVID-19 reporting to see the total number of cases at any building.
Chromebook Charger: Several students have misplaced their Chromebook chargers. Our technology department informed us that if your student needs a new charger, it is the family's responsibility to replace it. Click the link below to order a replacement if you need a new charger. Charger Info
Break Down of Administration/Counselors per grade level:
- 3rd Grade - Jeff Morris (Steve Marlow)/Kristen Gilliland
- 4th Grade - Jeff Morris (Steve Marlow)/Kristen Gilliland - Williams, Sutton, Robbins, Alesci, Antes, Maag, Layton
- 4th Grade - Maureen Schreiner/Amy Dorsey - Smith, Belza, Mummey, Tremblay, Benduhn, Koneval
- 5th Grade - Maureen Schreiner/Amy Dorsey
My Payments Plus: My Payments Plus is designed for families to add money to lunch accounts and pay student fees for all your students in the district. We are encouraging all families to set up an account if you do not have one already by clicking this link My Payments Plus.
Take a Second Make a Difference: Do you know someone who is making a difference in the lives of Hudson children or youth? Nominate them for the Hudson Community First Take a Second. Make a Difference. Award! Nominations are due by October 1. Find the form on the Hudson Community First website or at this link: Take A Second Make A Difference Nomination Form
- 9/6/21 - No School, Labor Day
- 9/29/21 - School Pictures
- 11/1/21 - Ready, Set, Relax
- 11/10 & 11/11/21 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- 11/12/21 - No School
- 11/16/21 - Picture Retake Day
- 11/23/21 - End of the 1st Trimester