Hudson City Schools
Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Hudson City Schools
COVID-19 Parent Notifications Changed to Align with new State Directives. New! Hudson Ready Parent Playbook!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Hudson City School District has been communicating with parents about our COVID-19 positive cases since late August, 2020. In the most recent directive from the Ohio Department of Health, which begins today, all schools that provide any kindergarten through grade twelve instruction are mandated to provide a reporting system to parents to report positive tests and/cases of COVID-19.
The order encourages parents or guardians of students and school staff who have been diagnosed, whether by laboratory test or through clinical examination, to notify their schools within 24 hours after receiving a confirmed diagnosis.
How do I notify the school district if my student or a family member has a positive test, or a clinical examination diagnosis from my doctor?
Please contact your school clinic or email your child’s school principal within 24 hours. Please include the student’s name, when the symptoms first appeared, the student’s grade, and when you received the results.
- Evamere Clinic, 330-653-1239: Beth Trivelli, Principal, email@example.com
- Ellsworth Hill Clinic, 330-653-1237: Jen Filomena, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Woods Int. Clinic, 330-653-1292/1255: Michael Sedlack, Grades 4 & 5 Principal, email@example.com; Natalie Wininger, Grade 3 Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hudson Middle School Clinic, 330-653-1314: Dr. Kim Cockley, Principal, email@example.com
- Hudson High School Clinic, 330-653-1462: Brian Wilch, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once our district receives this information, we are then required to provide the name, address, and contact information to Summit County Public Health. SCPH will then begin their contact tracing protocols.
How will I be notified about student and staff COVID-19 positive cases within the Hudson City Schools?
The directive also requires school districts to inform parents in writing about student and staff COVID-19 positive cases and to share as much information as possible without disclosing protected health information.
Effective immediately, you will be notified if there is a positive COVID-19 case as follows:
- All parents notified who have students in the same school
- Parents notified separately who have students in the same classroom
- Parents notified separately who have students in the same extracurricular activity
- Parents notified separately who have students on the same bus
We will no longer send emails to all parents in the district about each confirmed case; however, the information about all COVID-19 cases district-wide will be available in a dashboard on our website at www.hudson.k12.oh.us>Hudson Ready>COVID-19 reporting.
A comprehensive guide for parents outlining new district health and safety measures, building procedures, and safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Hudson City School District has developed the Hudson Ready Parent Playbook as a reference guide for parents about COVID-19 procedures within our school setting. The Playbook also includes links to many resources about COVID-19, including information from the CDC, the Ohio Department of Health, and Summit County Public Health. In addition, a complete guide to navigating the Hudson Ready website is contained in the foreward section of the guide.