Open House, Open Building WalkAbouts and Class Assignments and Schedules
Subject: Virtual Open Houses and Open Building “WalkAbouts”
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are excited to start our 2020-2021 school year! While we know the beginning of school this year is different from in the past, we also know that we can’t wait to be with our students! To kick-off the opening of the school year, each building will have an opportunity for families to meet their teachers during a virtual Open House either via Zoom or video. In addition, we know that some students would like to walk through their schools before school starts, so we are excited to offer an optional student and parent Open Building “WalkAbout” on Saturday, August 29, in each school.
Class Assignments and Student Schedules
- PreK-5 Classroom assignments will be available in Home Access Center on Friday, August 21, after 4:00 p.m.
- Hudson Middle School student schedules will be available in Home Access Center on Friday, August 21, after 4:00 p.m.
- Hudson High School student schedules will be available in Home Access Center on Monday, August 17, after 5:00 p.m.
Open House Information
Grades PreK-5 Virtual Open Houses:
On Monday, August 24, each teacher will send an invite for the Virtual Open House to informally meet with students and families for a 15 minute meet and greet via Zoom.
Wednesday, August 26, 4 p.m.
- Ellsworth Hill, Grades 1-2
- East Woods Intermediate, Grade 3
Thursday, August 27, 4-6 p.m.
- Evamere, Grades PreK and K
- East Woods Intermediate, Grades 4 and 5
Grades 6-12 Virtual Open Houses:
On the date of the Open House at 4:00 p.m. or anytime after, please visit your child’s middle school or high school teachers’ webpages for a video created by the teacher welcoming you to the school year, introducing himself/herself, and providing you an overview of the courses. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the individual teacher via email, and he/she will be more than happy to help.
- Hudson Middle School teachers will post their Open House video on their webpage at 4 p.m. on the day of the HMS Open House, Wednesday, September 2.
- Hudson High School teachers will post their Open house video on their webpage at 4 p.m. on the day of the HHS Open House, Thursday, September 3.
Open Building “WalkAbout” Information
Saturday, August 29
PreK-8: 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
HHS: 12:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
We are excited to offer our students an opportunity to visit the building prior to the first day of school. Each student may attend with one parent, on a self-guided visit, to walk through the building, locate his/her classroom/s, and become familiar with the setting. Maps will be provided at the building entrances.
During your building visit, we welcome you to explore the building so your child knows where each of his/her classrooms are located. Because the rooms will be cleaned and ready for our students on the first day of school, we kindly ask that you remain outside of the classroom interior. Classroom doors will be open so that your child can see into the space so he/she feels comfortable and ready for the start of school.
You will receive additional information from your child’s school, including a link to Sign-Up Genius to schedule your visit. One parent is welcome to enter the building with the student (if more than one sibling will attend the same school, you may bring each child).
Before visiting, you and your child will need to complete a self-assessment health check:
- Please take your temperature before arriving. Do not enter if you are not feeling well or have a fever 100.0 or higher.
- As you enter and exit the building, please use hand sanitizer.
- A mask/face covering is mandatory.
- Please keep a physical distance of at least six feet from people other than your own child.
We appreciate your support and partnership, and we look forward to a wonderful year together!